May 10, 2011

Revisiting the office paint color

Happy Tuesday, all! I hope all you moms had a great Mother's Day!

I've got a couple projects in the works and am hoping to show them to you soon. Thanks for your patience. :)

I showed off our repainted office in our six-month house tour, but I wanted to show you some more photos of the finished product. In case you're new here, we painted our pink office gray a few weeks ago....except it came out a little too purple (we painted it Gentle Rain by Behr). We tried to like it, but all we could see was lavender, so we got like 200 more swatches and finally picked another color -- Porch Grey by Valspar. 

And we love. love. LOVE it! It's got a tinge of green, which coordinates well with the green-gray color in the kitchen and hallway. And the green base helps keep it from looking purple.

We haven't done much to the office since painting it -- we haven't even moved the desk back from the center of the room, so please excuse the mess. But here's the new color, in a few lights.







And in case you didn't believe me before that the first gray looked a little purple, here's a comparison for you. 
I know it doesn't seem like a big difference, but trust me -- it's enough to totally change how the room looks. Or at least how I feel about it, which is really what matters, right? 

I was not jazzed to repaint this room, so I whined enough to get the hubs to help me tape and cut in, which meant we easily got it done in a day. We used Valspar Hi-Def paint from Lowe's, the first time we've strayed from our usual Behr paint-and-primer-in-one. I really liked how the Valspar went on, and I think it covered even better than the Behr. I might be a convert...

What do you think? I'm totally loving the new color -- it's just what I pictured. I can't wait to buy our desk (which I think we are doing TO-NIGHT!) and start putting the room back together.

And the office mood board, as a reminder...


Have any paint mishaps? Don't be afraid...share 'em!

Oh, and the lovely Christina has featured another of my projects -- the repurposed lemonade bottles! You have to stop by Christina's Adventures and see the other projects she featured from her 20 Below Thursday party. They include a gorgeous revamped dining room table and lovely knock-off Restoration Hardware pillows. (I'm pretty sure my project was the easiest one out of the bunch -- drink lots of lemonade, peel off the labels and stick flowers in the bottle...) I'm constantly wowed by all the talent out there in blogland. It's totally inspiring me to wield a power tool (don't be scared, hubby!).

Thanks, Christina!

2 comments:

Corporate Virtual Office Solutions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Serviced Office Solutions said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.