Apr 16, 2012

The sitting room is painted

Hello, hello! Hope you all had a good weekend. I got an extra day off on Monday for Patriots Day, which we celebrate here in Maine. I spent it gettin' my paint on in the former dining room/soon-to-be sitting room.

Last we left off, we had a bazillion paint samples on the wall, and the hubs and I each had a different favorite.


So, what color did we pick? Behr Misty Morn!

I feel like I get my way a lot of the time when it comes to house decisions, so I decided to go with the hubs' favorite. I was nervous it would be a little too dark. Well, I have to give the hubs major props, because the color is perfect!


I'll take better pictures another time, but even in this low-light photo, you can see how much brighter the room is sans-maroon walls.


Our plans are to paint the living room the same color, but this weekend I just focused on the three walls that were maroon. It took a coat of primer and two coats of Behr paint + primer in one to cover the red. Getting rid of the red walls also checks off one of my home goals for the year!

In other news, the lovely Christina at Christina's Adventures featured my little chair makeover!


Thank you, Christina! She hosts a weekly link party for DIY projects and crafts under $20...you should definitely stop by! It's amazing what people can do with things they have on hand, some creativity and a little elbow grease.

3 comments:

Christina said...

LOVE the color!! Good job, hubby!! :)

And you're so cute...thanks for the shout-out!!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you bought that many paint samples!

Mindy @ Heart Maine Home said...

Yeah, it's sad how many paint samples I have in my basement!