Apr 14, 2013

Creative ways to use birch branches in home decor

Hi all! I hope you're having a good weekend!

Do you remember this lovely birch arbor in our backyard?



The hubs, his dad and his friend built it in 2010 to be used in our wedding. It's one of my favorite details of the wedding and I loved having it in our backyard as a reminder of that day.


So I was really sad when the hubs told me it had started to rot. When he went to take it apart to keep it from blowing over before a hurricane, it just totally fell apart. :( I guess we should have sealed it or something so it would last.


I'm hoping there are at least parts of it that aren't rotted and could be reused for something. I just love birch and the white and dark contrast of the bark. It adds some natural texture to any decor.

I'd love to reuse these birch branches in some home decor. There are lots of cute ways to use birch branches to hold candles:





Source: flickr.com via Mindy on Pinterest

Source: houzz.com via Mindy on Pinterest


Or birch can make for some unique furniture and fixtures:



Source: casasugar.com via Mindy on Pinterest


Birch ups the natural look for plantings and flower arrangements.

Source: m.afloral.com via Mindy on Pinterest




Source: lisaroy.ca via Mindy on Pinterest






I love when birch is used in an understated way to just let its texture and color speak for itself.








I love, love, love this abstract art with wood rounds. I think I might have to make one of these.



Do you have a favorite way to use birch or branches in your decor? I'd love to hear about it!

No comments: